Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Love of Languages

I'm sitting at IHOP right now and am amazed at the fact that no one knows that just between the two of us there was an exchange of three different languages. My mom and I spent nearly two hours catching up over delicious coffee. We switched back and forth between English and Urdu (well most of the switching was done by me) and then in between when my mom's friend called she switched into Arabic. I just sat there and thought about how many people in the world get to experience situations like this first hand on a daily basis. Around the world there might be quite a few who have experience in bilingual households but three or more might be just baffling. Unless your parents are diplomats (^_−)−☆ it's my dream to be able to pass on and learn Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Urdu to my children. Of course English will also be part of it as well as any other language that they want to learn v(^_^v)♪

No comments:

Post a Comment